Children go on a journey of discovery with Mind Moose and his friends as they learn how to look after their minds and keep their brains healthy, deal with strong emotions, develop resilience and build healthy self-esteem.
The fun, interactive animations and interactive activities are underpinned by theory and tools from the field of psychology and social and emotional learning.
Children learn to:
- recognise their good qualities, achievements and strengths
- know how their mind and brain works and what they can do to make it work most effectively
- manage big emotions using evidence-based techniques
- manage modern childhood worries, including friendship and relationship issues
- develop and maintain healthy self-esteem and body image
Conversations between peers and supportive adults are encouraged by the inclusion of collaborative ‘Moose Missions’ for children to complete and all children’s work is saved in their backpacks which can be viewed by teachers and/or parents.
Children earn badges and gain certificates along the way and parents are teachers are provided with their own moose manual which includes background explanation and suggestions for further exploration.
“Mind Moose offers pupils the opportunity to express their feelings in a very enjoyable, honest and safe way. Pupils love the badges and certificates!”
Mary Farmer, KS2 teacher.