Mind Moose offers schools a way to support and monitor the mental wellbeing and emotional health of pupils.
The fun, online learning helps pupils to develop their sense of self-worth, resilience and coping skills.
Pupils go on a journey of discovery with Mind Moose and his friends watching short, fun animations before completing reflective activities based on the topics. They earn badges and certificates along the way and they are given ‘Moose Missions’ to undertake in school, or at home.
All of their learning goes into their ‘backpack’ which is shared with their teacher and, along with other in-built tools, gives insight into a child’s social and emotional health and mental wellbeing.
Mind Moose is most suitable for pupils in Years 4-6, although it can be used with younger pupils and can be a very helpful during the transition to secondary school in Year 7.
How Mind Moose Can Fit into Your School Curriculum
Mind Moose can be used with an entire class, or as an intervention with those pupils who require additional support, perhaps around mental wellbeing, emotional health and resilience.
All pupils’ learning goes into their ‘backpack’ which is shared with their teacher to enable any potential issues to be spotted early. Assessments are also provided to help to identify those pupils needing additional support and additional activities can be allocated to those pupils.
A comprehensive ‘teacher guide’ for each unit explains the psychology behind each task in easy to understand ways and gives additional ideas to try at school or to send home.
The online learning is flexible and can be used as a whole lesson or in short ‘chunks’ to fit your timetable and needs.
What Pupils Learn With Mind Moose
Pupils learn to:
- recognise their good qualities, achievements and strengths
- develop and maintain healthy self-worth
- understand how they can deal with life’s ups and downs
- manage big emotions using evidence-based techniques such as mindfulness
- use tools such as kindness and gratitude to help them feel positive about life
We are really enjoying using Mind Moose at St. Aidan’s. Our learning mentor has been using it as an intervention with some of our most vulnerable children in Years 2 to 6. We have also used it as a whole class resource in Years 1 and 5 and found huge levels of engagement and reflection from the children. We would highly recommend Mind Moose, it is fantastic. Moira Kenneway, Headteacher, St, Aidan’s Catholic Primary School, Knowsley
How Pupils Benefit From Mind Moose
All children can benefit from Mind Moose and learning about how to develop good mental wellbeing.
Our schools say that they see particular benefits with pupils who:
- are anxious
- have low self-esteem or low levels of confidence
- have some special educational needs, such as autism
- are having difficulties at home
- are experiencing difficulties at school, for example being bullied
- are worried about moving to another year, school or from primary to secondary school
What Schools Get When They Subscribe
Schools can buy a group or a whole school licence for Mind Moose and we are determined to offer schools great value for money.
- Instant access to 2 modules of Mind Moose, each with 5-6 animations, reflective activities for to complete and an optional ‘Moose Mission’ to complete away from the computer.
- 1 module released per month for the next 3 months.
- Teacher and parental guide explaining the psychology behind each learning activity and featuring further ideas to try in school or at home
- Printable activity pack.
- Assessments to monitor pupils’ wellbeing over time.
- Stand-alone meditations to use with pupils at any time.