Mind Moose offers primary schools a fun, engaging way to support children with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Our flagship interactive, online learning programme helps children to develop their coping skills, sense of self-worth and resilience.
Children go on a journey of mental wellbeing discovery with Mind Moose and friends, watching short, fun animations to introduce them to key concepts before completing interactive activities. They earn badges and certificates along the way and ‘Moose Missions’ encourage them to take their learning and apply it to their real life at school and home.
Each child’s work is stored in their ‘backpack’ which is shared with their teacher and, along with other in-built tools, gives insight into a child’s social and emotional health and mental wellbeing.
Mind Moose is most suitable for pupils in Years 4-6, although it can be used with younger pupils and can be a very helpful during the transition to secondary school in Year 7.
How Mind Moose Can Fit into Your School Curriculum
Schools use Mind Moose in different ways. Most use it as a one-to-one intervention to help children needing additional support with their emotional health and mental wellbeing. Other schools use it as a whole-class resource, led by a teacher.
As well as the online learning, consisting of 6 modules relating to different aspects of mental health and wellbeing, comprehensive teacher and parent guides are included for each module. They explain the psychology and therapeutic approach behind each topic in an easy to understand way and gives additional ideas to try at school and home.
The online Mind Moose programme can be accessed on computers and tablets, enabling flexible learning during the school day, which children can continue at home if wished to suit your timetable and needs.
What Pupils Learn With Mind Moose
Pupils learn to:
- recognise their good qualities, achievements and strengths
- develop and maintain healthy self-worth
- understand how they can deal with life’s ups and downs
- manage big emotions using evidence-based techniques such as mindfulness
- use tools such as kindness and gratitude to help them feel positive about life
We are really enjoying using Mind Moose at St. Aidan’s. Our learning mentor has been using it as an intervention with some of our most vulnerable children in Years 2 to 6. We have also used it as a whole class resource in Years 1 and 5 and found huge levels of engagement and reflection from the children. We would highly recommend Mind Moose, it is fantastic. Moira Kenneway, Headteacher, St, Aidan’s Catholic Primary School, Knowsley
How Pupils Benefit From Mind Moose
All children can benefit from Mind Moose and learning about how to develop good mental wellbeing.
Our schools say that they see particular benefits with pupils who:
- are anxious
- have low self-esteem or low levels of confidence
- have some special educational needs, such as autism
- are having difficulties at home
- are experiencing difficulties at school, for example being bullied
- are worried about moving to another year, school or from primary to secondary school
What Schools Get When They Subscribe
Schools can buy a group or a whole school licence for Mind Moose and we are determined to offer schools great value for money.
- Instant access to 6 modules of Mind Moose, each with 5-6 animations, reflective activities for to complete and an optional ‘Moose Mission’ to complete away from the computer.
- Teacher and parent guides explaining the psychology behind each learning activity and featuring further ideas to try in school or at home
- Printable activity pack and additional resources.
- Validated assessment measures to monitor pupils’ wellbeing over time.
- Stand-alone meditations to use with pupils at any time.